Why the fees I get from Trade Fee (USER_DATA) are different than those I see in my account page?

Hello,

When I check the trading fees on my account’s page, I see maker/taker 0.075/0.075.

I recently discovered I can get the fees from API and noticed that they’re different from what’s announced on my accounts page.

example:

{
        "symbol": "YFIUSDT",
        "makerCommission": "0.001",
        "takerCommission": "0.001"
    },

My question is, can I use safely the trading fees percentages I can get from Trade Fee (USER_DATA) in my calculations, with no surprises later like seeing the 0.075% got applied instead of the better ones 0.001% I get from API?

Thanks.

I recently discovered I can get the fees from API and noticed that they’re different from what’s announced on my accounts page.

The TRADE_FEE endpoint returns the commission rate as a fraction while the UI displays commission rate as a percentage. In theory they represent the same value, 0.1% == 0.1/100 = 0.001.

My question is, can I use safely the trading fees percentages I can get from Trade Fee (USER_DATA) in my calculations, with no surprises later like seeing the 0.075% got applied instead of the better ones 0.001% I get from API?

The TRADE_FEE endpoint returns the commission rate if you intend to pay commission using the quote asset of the trade. If you have BNB burn feature enabled (pay commission using your BNB position), your commission fee is reduced by 25%. This reduction and other discounts are not considered in the TRADE_FEE endpoint, therefore the commission fee may be less (most likely not greater) than that indicated from the endpoint.

The TRADE_FEE is the best resource to use to predict the commission fee an order would require.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the fast and accurate answer!

Though I feel I need to do the math again :woozy_face: :blush: (sorry… please bare with me)

So when I’m willing to buy q Coin.s in QuoteCoin at the price of B.
m being the amount of QuoteCoin I’m willing to spend, before considering the fees.

q = m / B

If a I want to assess the cost c of my transation in QuoteCoin, considering the fees.

c = m + fees

Considering that TRADE_FEE endpoint told me that the fee for Coin/QuoteCoin is 0.001.

Am I right to consider the total cost of my transaction as:

c = m x ( 1 + 0.001)

?

Assuming you will be paying commission using the asset traded, commission fee = quantity * price * commission rate.

The commission fee is subtracted from your position.

Therefore if you buy 1 BTC for 45,000 USDT with a 0.1% commission rate, your position after commission will be 1 * (1 - 0.001) = 0.999 BTC.

If you want to hold 1 BTC after the commission fee, then you should set an order with quantity 1 * (1/(1-0.001)) = 1.001 BTC (recurring)

1 Like

So the total cost of the transaction is = quantity * price ( 1 + 0.001) (yes assuming I pay with the traded asset)

right ?

I edited, the previous comment I think it answers your question.

Sure! You brought lots of clarity to my question.
Thank you so much !!! :slight_smile: