Unable to receive WebSocket ping frames from Binance's spot and futures.

Hi,

I am trying to use the github.com/gorilla/websocket library of the Go language to code a WebSocket connection to obtain real-time information on spot and futures transactions.

I noticed that “The WebSocket server will send a ping frame every 3 minutes. If the WebSocket server does not receive a pong frame back from the connection within a 10 minute period, the connection will be disconnected. Unsolicited pong frames are allowed.” is mentioned in the document.

So, I tried the method:

msgType, _, err := w.conn.ReadMessage()

if err != nil {
				logger.Error("Read error: %s", err)
				time.Sleep(TimeIntervalSecond * time.Second)
				continue
			}

if msgType == websocket.PingMessage {
				w.conn.WriteControl(websocket.PingMessage, []byte{}, time.Now().Add(10*time.Second))
			} else {

}

However, I did not receive a WebSocket message of type ping. And without sending pong to the server, I can still get data from the server for several hours.

I searched the forum for similar issues:

Not receiving PING frame for Futures Websocket, as mentioned in their documentation
Not receiving ping frame from Binance for Websocket Futures Market Stream#7

But after a few months, the document does not seem to be updated. At present, do I need to set a timer to send pong messages to the server regularly, regardless of whether I receive the ping message sent by the server, or whether it is possible in the subsequent update, as stated in the document, “every 3 minutes or 5 minutes, the server sends pong messages to customers Send a ping message”, hope to receive your reply as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 7.49.13 PM

Using Python’s websocket library, i am able to receive ping from the server on a 5 minutes interval which is stated on the documentation (https://binance-docs.github.io/apidocs/futures/en/#websocket-market-streams).
Socket: wss://fstream.binance.com/ws/ethusdt@kline_15m

Not familiar with go but after reading this documentation (https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/github.com/gorilla/websocket/+/0ec3d1bd7fe50c503d6df98ee649d81f4857c564/doc.go),
“// Connections handle received ping messages by calling the handler function set with the SetPingHandler method. The default ping handler sends a pong message to the peer.” the library will response with a pong message by default. I guess if you want to check if you have received the ping message, you have to declare a setPingHandler method.