Unable to post buy order

Hello, from Today 2023-04-12 around 10 UTC, I am unable to post buy order on testnet. The example of order is
order = client.create.order(symbol=“BTCUSDT”,side=“BUY”,type=“LIMIT”,timeInForce=“GTC”,quantity=1,price=str(29000))
I have more than 1.5 BTC free on the account and price is below spot price. I get error
APIError(code=-1013): Filter failure: NOTIONAL

Worked for weeks until now. What is wrong? Thanks

Hi,

The price parameter needs to be a decimal/float but you have it set as a string. Additionally the quantity also needs to be a decimal/float.

Try the following:
order = client.create.order(symbol=“BTCUSDT”,side=“BUY”,type=“LIMIT”,timeInForce=“GTC”,quantity=1.00,price=29000.00)

Thanks for suggestion, but your advice did not help. As I wrote, I was using this syntax for weeks and it worked. I also tried to change to “quantity=1.0,price=29000.0”, but I still get error “Filter failure: NOTIONAL” and your example did not work either. Can you please confirm that your example is working for you?
There is something strange going on, because there is no filter called “NOTIONAL”

@jbrepogmailcom - Ah ok I see your issue. You’re trying to make an order which is too large for BTCUSDT on the testnet. Try a smaller quantity such as 0.01. I can confirm that this indeed works as I’ve tested it. You stated you’ve used the syntax for weeks but I expect it was with a lower quantity or a different pair. NOTIONAL error generally means the request exceeds the maximum allowable quantity.

Here is the successful response:

Thanks, the quantity 0.01 worked. I have been trading with quantities over 1 BTC for long time. Now I have tried 0.1 but even that was too much. I believe that testnet changed quantity limit Yesterday. I will now work with smaller amounts. Thanks

1 Like