taker buy base asset volume

in the klines public data given by binance what does the trems takerbuybase asset volume and ignore means??
also is there any way i can find taker_sell_volume, maker_buy_volume, maker_sell_volume??

Hi.
Taker buy base asset volume represents how many of the total base asset volume are contributed by the taker buy orders. Once taker_buy_base_asset_volume and the total volume (Volume) is known, the value of the following cases ( taker_sell_volume, maker_buy_volume, maker_sell_volume ) are clear.

Every trade has a buyer and a seller. A buyer can be a maker or a taker. But when a buyer is a maker, the seller must be a taker, and vice versa. That is,

taker_buy_base_asset_volume = maker_sell_base_asset_volume

taker_sell_base_asset_volume = maker_buy_base_asset_volume

total_volume = taker_buy_base_asset_volume + taker_sell_base_asset_volume
= maker_buy_base_asset_volume + maker_sell_base_asset_volume

Please do not take the field “Ignore” seriously. This field is deprecated.

6 Likes

by definition a maker is the one who puts order in the orderbook providing liquidity to the market. But when a trade happens is it true that one is maker and other is taker, If seller is maker then buyer is taker, if buyer is maker then seller is taker. I mean it is possible that both buyer and seller can be makers??

A buyer can be a maker and a seller can also be a maker. But they cannot be matched to the same trade.

1 Like

Volume = 2 * taker_buy + 2 * taker_sell

When applied that equation on candlestick, it gives a negative value for taker_sell

Example:
fapi.binance.com/fapi/v1/klines?symbol=XMRUSDT&interval=1d&startTime=1694995200000&limit=1

Volume = 151930.088
Taker Buy Base Volume = 76239.980
=> Taker Sell Base Volume = -274.936

volume,quote_volume,taker_buy_volume,taker_buy_quote_volume

Can you tell me how all these numbers are related?