Suggestion: Extend Exchange Information (API) to contain "warnings" for trading pairs

Hello,

I have (working on) an auto trader program which tries to find a good trading pair to trade and automatically buys/sells the funds.

It would be very useful to have a sort of “warnings” (if they are) in the Exchange Information.
When you open a trading pair in the web (like here 0.00001991 | NEBLBTC | Binance Spot) you may see a warning like “NEBL/BTC will be desisted at 2023-04-18 04:00 GMT+1, please pay attention to the risks when trading.”.
Ideally, my auto-trader would avoid such pairs, but there is no sign in the exchange information that this pair “is under risk”. So, I have to manually check the pairs periodically and “ban” them from trading in my program.
Having a sort of indication that a trading pair is “under risk” in the Exchange information would significantly simplify the process. It could be a text message combined with some enum indication what sort of risk… Or at least just a message or boolean flag.

Thank you,
Alex

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. What you could also do is manually create a “blacklist” of pairs you wish your bot to avoid trading. Eg. like a .txt file which the bot ingests and it checks that the pair isn’t in the file before trading on it. Additionally you could also set a minimum 24hr trade volume so that your bot won’t trade on any pairs with 24hr trade volume < 500 BTC for example. Since most pairs that are due to be delisted have a much lower trade volume than active pairs.

Hope this helps. Cheers,

Thanks for your response!

This is the point - I do create the black list manually, but could do that programmatically if the API could give me an indicator that a trading pair has some warnings…
Good idea about the trade volumes. I use something similar - trade rates - if it’s too low I don’t use the pair…

Kind Regards,
Alex