Spot Copy Trading Orders do not work

The creation of spot copy trading orders does not seem to work. I am using the endpoint> “/api/v3/order” as stated in the documentation, my orders work fine with normal spot trading, but not with the Copy Spot Trading API. I can read my Spot portfolio balance correctly, but nothing more. Am I missing something? Thanks.

It appears that if you’re trying to use the /api/v3/order endpoint for copy trading with Binance’s Spot trading, you may encounter issues because this endpoint is designed for normal spot trading orders, not specifically for copy trading functionality. Copy trading on Binance has particular requirements and functionalities that are not directly handled through the standard trading API.

For copy trading, Binance uses a different approach where lead traders and copy traders interact through a more structured framework. To set up and manage copy trading, you typically need to follow the guidelines specific to Binance’s copy trading setup, which includes managing your roles as either a lead trader or a copy trader and adjusting settings accordingly. This involves setting parameters like the copy ratio, order types, and understanding the copying mechanism that Binance supports, such as immediate-or-cancel (IOC) orders and market orders upon the fulfillment of the lead trader’s orders.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple switch or parameter in the /api/v3/order endpoint that enables copy trading functionalities. Instead, Binance provides a dedicated interface and possibly other API functions specifically tailored for copy trading scenarios. These might not be fully documented in the general API documentation but rather explained in their specific sections on copy trading on the Binance platform.

For accurate setup and troubleshooting of spot copy trading, it’s best to refer directly to Binance’s official documentation and support for copy trading, where they provide detailed guidance on how to become a lead trader or a copy trader, set up your trading preferences, and manage copy trades effectively. Here are a couple of resources you might find helpful:

If you continue to have technical difficulties, I recommend reaching out to Binance’s support directly through their customer service to resolve any specific issues related to the API or copy trading functionalities.

Are you using the dedicated API key for your lead copy trading account?