Somebody help! Connection never succeeded

I ran examples in the official Binance API python package. But the websocket examples failed to connect to the server. The error is like
"2022-04-28 05:09:02.115 UTC INFO binance.websocket.binance_client_factory: Start to connect…
2022-04-28 05:09:02.775 UTC WARNING binance.websocket.binance_client_protocol: WebSocket connection closed: connection was closed uncleanly (SSL error: unregistered scheme (in )), code: 1006, clean: False, reason: connection was closed uncleanly (SSL error: unregistered scheme (in ))
2022-04-28 05:09:02.776 UTC ERROR binance.websocket.binance_client_factory: Lost connection to Server. Reason: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class ‘twisted.internet.error.ConnectionDone’>: Connection was closed cleanly.
]. Retrying: 3
2022-04-28 05:09:03.723 UTC DEBUG root: closing ws connection"

I also could not link to the server by a simple url like wss://stream.binance.com:9443/ws/bnbbtc@depth

What’s the problem here?

It can be the networking issue from client side, try to connect to this url by websocat or other websocket client tool.

I tried several online websocket test tool. I can reach other websocket servers but cannot connect to Binance’s. I use ExpressVPN for all networks. Does that matter?

VPN can affect the connection, especially the websocket connection.

1. testing with the same application from somewhere VPN is not required.
  2. Then try a different VPN from the same server

Then you should know where is the issue coming from.