Set quantity (USDT) when create a post new order into pair BTCUSDT

Hi,

I have tried the request for a new order in the testnet with the values ​​of the documentation and it works correctly for me. My question is: If I want to long on the BTCUSDT pair, can I set the quantity to be in USDT?
Many times for me this action would be much easier
I hope I have explained myself

Thanks

Saw your reply from request error with variable in POSTMAN
It should be {“quantity”:4} not {“value”:4}. And I don’t understand why you need to do that if you don’t need to read from env var.

Thanks for you reply. The objective of this test is to change the values ​​in the pre-request script so that the request gets them correctly. I was trying to put the quantity as a key and as a value {{quantity}}. Then in the pre-request use pm.environment.set(“quantity”, 5);. In the request I see:

POST https://testnet.binancefuture.com/fapi/v1/order?symbol=BTCUSDT&side=BUY&positionSide=LONG&type=MARKET&quantity=5&timestamp=1616263515156&signature=aa7106aaf4f3f02b805efe53ae0ddeee281cb3ce301ee74a0633d60dcba07aa6

But If I go to the testnet browser, the order is not execute.
It is not possible to assign to the key environment variables that are modified in the pre-request?

I hope I have explained something better

Thanks

What do you mean not executed? What’s the error msg?

This:

If I deleted the variable {{quantity}} and put a static number than 5 for example, the request is working well…

Thanks!

I was looking at the wrong pre-request. It should make the changes that you indicated in the pre-request of the collection.
If I put
Object.assign (paramsObject, {‘quantity’: quantity}); and pm.environment.set (“quantity”, quantity); with the desired amount it works correctly for me.

Now, according to the title of this post I have one question:

I had a question about order creation that I don’t know if it’s possible. When I create an order, I choose the pair and enter the quantity. In this case, I would open a LONG position in the BTCUSDT pair. The amount that I have put is a 5 which in this case means that I am going with 5 btcs. Is there any possibility that that amount instead of being marked in BTCs, is in USDT @MJW ?
That is, if I always have a limit of $ 100 to play, that I put 100 and regardless of the pair I always enter with the total 100.

Thanks for the support

No not with futures

Ok, thanks!