quoteOrderQty was moved from Market, is it an error or what happened?

In this last week I uploaded two posts where at first I had an error when placing a cross margin order but when closing and reopening it it was already possible until yesterday when the binance app and website crashed and I had to restart the bot to realize that my cross margin orders were no longer coming in, today I was tinkering with the app and found several changes in the app but what caught my attention was that when I chose the market option I could only enter the amount in the base asset (quantity) and there was no longer the input to put the amount in the quote asset (quoteOrderQty) but when changing to Limit if the input appeared to enter the amount of the quote asset, they inverted it and it is not that it has always been like that because my bot used quoteOrderQty when buying in the Market and the way to check it is that before my bot worked fine, after realizing this I tested in postman using quantity instead of quoteOrderQty and finally ran my query, now I say why do they do that? it’s a mistake? Because the truth is that it makes me lose money when I get home from work and I check the bot and I see that an order was left open because the bot failed because it occurred to them to change something in the API just like that because yes, well I hope they review it and tell me if it’s an error or if it’s going to stay that way until it occurs to them to change it again

And well these are other new changes that I found in the app that I don’t know since when they were implemented

Define the maximum loan level in isolated margin, but I don’t understand why they only implemented it in isolated, I suppose that in a few months they will put it to the cross, and I imagine that I have to activate it otherwise the MARGIN_BUY will not work in isolated

Activate the autoborrow and the autorepay that I also imagine that if I do not activate them, the MARGIN_BUY and the AUTO_REPAY will not work

And well, now I am going to have to change my code again to calculate the quantity for my market purchase orders

I found this in the change log published on 2023-07-11

The following changes will take effect approximately a week from the release date::

• Fixed multiple bugs with orders that use type=MARKET and quoteOrderQty, also known as “reverse market orders”:
    • Reverse market orders are no longer partially filled, or filled for zero or negative quantity under extreme market conditions.
    • MARKET_LOT_SIZE filter now correctly rejects reverse market orders that go over the symbol’s maxQty.

But apparently the solution was to remove the quoteOrderQty parameter from Market since when consulting the exchange info the quoteOrderQtyMarketAllowed parameter is false

I see that “quoteOrderQtyMarketAllowed” field set to “false” for every pair. Not good(
Are you going to return the opportunity to place a market order with the “quoteOrderQty” property?

Hi guys, today I stared gettin error at my tradin bot and looks like this error refer to this topic. Function which buyng at spot by market price return error now:

data: {
      code: -1013,
      msg: 'Quote order qty market orders are not supported for this symbol.'
    }

We can’t use quoteOrderQty as parameter to perform post request to /api/v3/order anymore, right? Which way it works now?

convertUSDTtoToken = async (symbol, amount) => {
        try {
            const timestamp = Date.now();
            const recvWindow = 5000;
            //const baseUrl = 'https://api.binance.com';
            const endpoint = '/api/v3/order';
            const side = 'BUY';
            const type = 'MARKET';
            const quoteOrderQty = Number(amount).toFixed(8);
            const queryParams = `symbol=${symbol}&side=${side}&type=${type}&quoteOrderQty=${quoteOrderQty}&timestamp=${timestamp}&recvWindow=${recvWindow}`;
            const signature = crypto
                .createHmac('sha256', secretKey)
                .update(queryParams)
                .digest('hex');
            const url = `${baseUrl}${endpoint}?${queryParams}&signature=${signature}`;
            const response = await axios.post(url, null, {
                headers: {
                    'X-MBX-APIKEY': apiKey
                }
            });
            return response.data;
        } catch (error) {
            throw error;
        }
    };

You have to calculate the quantity, quoteQty / market_price

Instead “quoteOrderQty” use “quantity”

Yep, thx guys.

Any news when it will be active again?

1 Like

Update: QuoteOrderQty orders are scheduled to be enabled for all spot and margin pairs on 2023-07-28 04:00 (UTC)

Source: Binance to Fully Resume Market Order Function for All Spot and Margin Trading Pairs | Binance Support

2 Likes

And what will happen with this point? replace maxBorrowable?

MARKET_LOT_SIZE filter now correctly rejects reverse market orders that go over the symbol’s maxQty.