Questions about the WebSocket limits?

I have a few questions regarding the limits of using websockets.

1. Is there a limit to the amount of open websocket connections from a single IP address? If so, what is it?

2. The documentation regarding the websocket limits has the following statement:

WebSocket connections have a limit of 5 incoming messages per second. A message is considered:

• A PING frame
  • A PONG frame
  • A JSON controlled message (e.g. subscribe, unsubscribe)

A single connection can listen to a maximum of 1024 streams.

How does that work? How can a single connection listen to 1024 streams if you can only receive 5 messages a second? If I am listening to 900 streams (for example only, I wouldn’t do this in practice), I’ll probably be receiving more than 5 messages a second at least once or twice every now and then if not fairly often. Doesn’t that make me immediately bannable even though I’m not necessarily attempting to bypass the imposed limits?

I have a feeling I understand the rules incorrectly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. No limit of connections per IP.
  2. Client can submit 5 live streams every second to slowly build to 1024 streams. Also client also can combine the streams and subscribe them togther when making the connection.

Does this mean that a client can receive more than 5 messages a second from the server? Like if I’ve subbed to 10 different price tickers and they all happen to update in 1 second, is that fine or do I get IP banned for it?

Depends on how many messages coming from server, it can be more or less

You will not be banned if you don’t send message to server. It’s OK to subscribe to server even there are huge amount of data from server.