Query on Available Symbols for Copy Trading in Perpetual Futures

Hello,

I’m currently using a Binance API that’s specifically tailored for copy trading in perpetual futures. However, I’ve encountered an issue regarding the availability of trading pairs. The API lists certain pairs as available, but these pairs do not appear to be supported when I check my copy trading account (example : PYTHUSDT.P). This discrepancy is causing some confusion and operational issues.

I’m interested in understanding if this is a common issue or if there are specific endpoints I should use to get an accurate list of trading pairs for copy trading purposes. I found nothing in the documentation. Could it be a case of the API data not being updated in real-time, or am I missing something?

Any insights, advice, or shared experiences with similar issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Here is the code I used for fetching symbols (using copy trading API keys) :

def fetch_supported_symbols():
    exchange_info = client.futures_exchange_info()
    symbols = [symbol['symbol'] for symbol in exchange_info['symbols']]
    print("Supported Symbols for Futures Trading on Binance:")
    print(symbols)
    return symbols

Hi, what is the exactly symbol that you are trading? and what is the error message returned?

Thanks

+1 Experiencing a similar issue
Checking mark price, setting leverage, and margin type works just fine, errors only occur on opening order.

Happened with KEYUSDT and RADUSDT. Basically, if we go to the copy trading trade site, and search for the symbols are missing

Any other way to at least check beforehand if symbol is whitelisted?

Hello Dino, here are two examples : PYTHUSD Perpetual and SUPERSUDT Perpetual.
They give this error ONLY when Lead Trading (Lead Trading API) :

raise BinanceAPIException(response, response.status_code, response.text)
binance.exceptions.BinanceAPIException: APIError(code=-4188): This symbol is not
 in symbol white list..

If you check the supported symbol list (fetched with Lead Trading API), these pairs are included! So they should be “operational” for Lead Trading.

On the other side, If you trade futures with non Lead Trading account, you get the same list, but all symbols are operational.

Hello.
Did you find a solution for this issue?

1 Like

I have the same problem.

I also have the same problem, the api does not show how to determine if a symbol is in the whitelist or not