Parameter 'merchantMcc' not valid, was empty/null, or too long/short, or wrong format

When consuming the SubMerchant creation service it always returns the following response.
{
“status”: “FAIL”,
“code”: “400101”,
“errorMessage”: “Parameter ‘merchantMcc’ not valid, was empty/null, or too long/short, or wrong format.”
}
Previously it did not send the error. I attach the request with which the service is being consumed, which is the one they provide in their API documentation

{
“merchantName”: “Individual”,
“merchantType”:1,
“merchantMcc”:“5511”,
“brandLogo”:null,
“country”: “CN,US”,
“address”:null,
“companyName”:null,
“registrationNumber”:null,
“registrationCountry”:null,
“registrationAddress”:null,
“incorporationDate”:null,
“storeType”:null,
“siteType”:null,
“siteUrl”:null,
“siteName”:null,
“certificateType”:1,
“certificateCountry”: “US”,
“certificateNumber”:“123456X”,
“certificateValidDate”:1752422400000,
“contractTimeIsv”:1594656000000
}
Can you help me to verify why the sunMerchant creation service always returns this response?

Looks like you’re getting the same error response from https://developers.binance.com/docs/binance-pay/api-submerchant-add → Sample Response → “status”: “FAIL”.

Are you sure the “merchantMcc”:“5511” is a valid value for your a verified account? If you want to double check, you can reach out at Crypto Merchant Support & FAQ | Binance Pay Merchant. At this forum, we mainly focus on Exchange API (not Binance Pay).

1 Like

Yes,previously there was no problem consuming the service with the example merchantMcc.
I validated it and apparently the Binance MCC catalog has changed, so that assigning the new code allows the creation of the subMerchant.