ORDERS -1015 error_msg=Too many new orders; current limit is 50 orders per 10 SECOND.

Last night I received this error “-1015 Too many new orders; current limit is 50 orders per 10 SECOND.”
I can see this limit in the exchangeInfo and just wanted to confirm my understanding.

Does this limit apply per symbol or is it applied on all orders for an exchange ?

Is this applied per api key ? ie. If I have more api keys, would each key be allowed 50 orders /10 second?

If I insert an order, then delete the order and insert the order again within 10 seconds, does this count as 1 or 2 orders ?

Thanks in advance

Does this limit apply per symbol or is it applied on all orders for an exchange ?

It is applied on all SPOT orders

Is this applied per api key ? ie. If I have more api keys, would each key be allowed 50 orders /10 second?

The limit is applied to the account. Therefore API keys from the same account share this limit.

If I insert an order, then delete the order and insert the order again within 10 seconds, does this count as 1 or 2 orders ?

The example provided is considered as 1 order for the 10 second order limit, but 2 orders for the 1 day order limit.

1 Like

Many thanks for clearing that up

One other thing - after receiving this error, i’ve addressed the issue.
Would it be ok to begin trading again or should I wait some time to prevent my account being banned ?

While banned, you will receive HTTP status codes 418 or 429 along with the header Retry-After which indicates the duration of the ban.

While not banned, use the response header X-MBX-USED-WEIGHT-(intervalNum)(intervalLetter) to stay within the limits of the api.

1 Like