Numeric value (*) out of range of int

Hi,

Lately I’ve been constructing my trading strategy using the futures testnet, and everything was going well despite some failed purchases due to lack of liquidity of the extremely volatile testnet candles.

Today, suddenly, when my aplication requested to the API Exchange Information, it issued an error for what I think it the symbol number 104 of the api, which is returning a extremely big integer value that cannot be saved in an int data type.

Attached you will find the error my java application is getting:

Could any admin verify or at least shed light on this?

Thank you in advance

This implies that your code is trying to map an epoch millisecond timestamp to type int. Since the value of the timestamp is outside of the range of int, the mentioned error is thrown.

I suggest to store timestamps in type LONG to avoid this issue.

Hi tantialex and thank you for your fast response.

I initially though of what you suggest as the cause of the error (something related to a timestamp), but I double-checked it sending a request directly from my webBrowser and I realized that the BTTUSDT symbol has a settlePlan attribute of 1642125600000… :upside_down_face: It must be a weird fail/error of the testnet futures api, cause how can a settlePlan be so high?

Anyway I solved the problem as you say, changing that settlePlan attribute to be LONG.

Thanks!

It must be a weird fail/error of the testnet futures api, cause how can a settlePlan be so high?

The settlePlan property is actually an epoch millisecond timestamp also. If the value is 0, you can disregard it.

Thank you so much!