Minimum market order quantity calculated from min notional?

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the minimum market order quantity when placing market orders through the API.
A symbol for a trading pair has multiple filters, such as the LOT_SIZE, MARKET_LOT_SIZE and MIN_NOTIONAL. I know how to calculate the minimum order quantity of a pair by using the MIN_NOTIONAL filter and the average price, but I was wondering why the result of this calculation isn’t presented as ‘minQty’ in the MARKET_LOT_SIZE filter?

The ‘minQty’ for all symbols is always “0.00000000” at the time of writing, and since you already provide and fill in the ‘maxQty’ under the MARKET_LOT_SIZE per symbol I see no reason why this ‘minQty’ can’t be the actual calculated minimum quantity, but provided by the exchangeInfo endpoint?

It will help us having easier access to the minimum quantity when placing market orders, as we don’t have to track the average price constantly.

but I was wondering why the result of this calculation isn’t presented as ‘minQty’ in the MARKET_LOT_SIZE filter?

The result of that calculation is the MINIMUM NOTIONAL VALUE, in terms of the quote asset. While minQty in MARKET_LOT_SIZE is the MINIMUM QUANTITY, in terms of the base asset. Therefore, they are not exchangeable.

Please keep in mind, that a MARKET order must abide to both the MARKET_LOT_SIZE filter and the LOT_SIZE filter.