Is it possible to get market data from more than five symbols in parallel every second?

I find the information about limit of Websocket on the website:

WebSocket connections have a limit of 5 incoming messages per second.

The statement is quite clear so please bear with me that I still post this question.

However, I am unsure because it is hard to believe that such a simple thing like getting ticker price from maybe …just 10 symbols every second is impossible via Websocket.

That’s why I ask this question. Please shed me some light. Thank you so much.

The limit is 5 messages per second from you to the server. For example, you can’t send SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE requests too often. Once you’re subscribed, you get all the events. The problem is keeping up with all the streams.

Thank so much for your kind answer.

One question regarding the use of python API: Does the following chunk of count as one or two SUBSCRIBE messages?

# Combine selected streams
ws_client.instant_subscribe(
    stream=['bnbusdt@bookTicker', 'ethusdt@bookTicker'],
    callback=message_handler,
)

@chanplusplus, yes that will be just one message. You can subscribe to multiple streams in a single request.

1 Like

nvm, edit: was confused by 5 limit - apparently spot has a limit of 5 reqs/s, future 10 reqs/s.

I find the information here https://github.com/binance/binance-spot-api-docs/blob/master/web-socket-streams.md#websocket-limits. Thanks for trying to correct me.

1 Like