Futures BNFCR balance updates on subaccounts wierd behaviour

Hi all, I hope this is the correct place to post this. If not, please direct me to the right place.

I have a question regarding getting an accourate BNFCR balance on futures, via the private stream. I cannot find out how to do this properly. Also it seems that the issue below happens only on subaccount. On the main account I have never encountered this issue:

This is something I tested a few minutes ago:

Initially my BNFCR balance is 46.35

I execute an order SHORT, of 35 at this price: 2.4364

The private socket send me the following:

AccountUpdateEvent { event_type: “ACCOUNT_UPDATE”, event_time: 1724323654589, data: AccountUpdateDataEvent { reason: “ORDER”, balances: [EventBa
lance { asset: “BNFCR”, wallet_balance: “-45.36064455”, cross_wallet_balance: “-45.36064455”, balance_change: “0” }], positions: [EventPosition { symbol: “JTOUSDT”, posi
tion_amount: “-35”, entry_price: “2.4364”, accumulated_realized: “-7.47839988”, unrealized_pnl: “0.00700000”, margin_type: “cross”, isolated_wallet: “0”, position_side:
“BOTH” }] } }

Note the negative BNFCR amounts.

I then close this position and get the following balance update:

AccountUpdateEvent { event_type: “ACCOUNT_UPDATE”, event_time: 1724323687931, data: AccountUpdateDataEvent { reason: “ORDER”, balances: [EventBalance { asset: “BNFCR”, wallet_balance: “-45.44050014”, cross_wallet_balance: “-45.44050014”, balance_change: “0” }], positions: [EventPosition { symbol: “JTOUSDT”, position_amount: “0”, entry_price: “0”, accumulated_realized: “-7.51559987”, unrealized_pnl: “0”, margin_type: “cross”, isolated_wallet: “0”, position_side: “BOTH” }] } }

Note that the BNFCR balance is still negative, even after the position is fully closed.

However when I inquire via API to see what my BNFCR balance is, I get the correct value which is now: 46.22 BNFCR and not what the last balance update event reported which was -45.44050014 BNFCR

This is an issue. It is either a bug, or there’s something fundamental I do nto understand here.

Please note also again, that I have not experienced this behaviour with an API key that connects to my main account. This seems to happen only on subaccounts, hence my suspicion that this is a bug and not a feature.

Any help would be appreciated.

The best comment that can be made on this issue is; It seems that you are encountering a discrepancy between the balance updates received via the private feed and the actual balance when queried via the API. Since this issue occurs specifically with sub-accounts, I thought it might actually be a bug or a specific behavior related to how sub-accounts are handled on Binance. These thoughts are hypothetical.

Thanks for the response.

I have now verified that in addition to the above, the same issue occurs both the WebSocket API and standard REST API:

When using the main account API kay and Secret keys everything reports the balance fields correctly.
When using a virtual subaccount keys, Websocket events, REST API responses and WebSocket API messages, the balance field values make no sense.
This issue cripples Futures API trading, at least for virtual sub-accounts which I have tested thorouly now.

Thus I would agree this is almost certainly a bug.

The problem then is this:
How does one officially report a bug to Binance in such a way that it actually reaches the appropriate people there?

Thanks

mam problem tez z saldami wsxystkich tokenow na roznych adresach w binance jedt 0 a w api sa inne sumy i nic nie rozumiem. prosze o pomoc jestem zielona e temacie

Hello, I did not fully understand your question. Please ask your question in a separate topic so we can help the community.