Formula for finding out the real current funding rate

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to figure out the formula for the real current funding rate, which I’m struggling with. Let’s take BTC-USDT as an example.

The APIs provide the following value: https://fapi.binance.com/fapi/v1/fundingRate?limit=200

{
"symbol": "BTCUSDT",
"fundingTime": 1669132800000,
"fundingRate": "0.00007881"
},

However, on the website I’m seeing a totally different value, which is 0.0035%. Is there some formula to calculate this real value that is displayed on the website? Which one is it? Thanks a lot!

The funding rate on UI is the current funding rate, which is not in returned from the API.

1 Like

Thanks for answering! But how can I get the current funding rate then? Or maybe there’s some formula to calculate it from the funding rates that the API returns?
Coinglass somehow gets it, both for USDT-M and COIN-M futures: Funding Rates For Perpetual Swaps-Funding Rates Compare-Funding rates arbitrage-Coinglass

1 Like

I am also experiencing a similar issue. I am using the WebSocket URL “wss://fstream.binance.com/stream?streams=!markPrice@arr” to retrieve funding rates. I noticed that the values are in decimal format, but when I multiply them by 100, I obtain the accurate percentage format.