Filter failure: LOT_SIZE after sending MARKET order with quoteOrderQty

Recently my unit test started to fail that uses test account for spot trading.

I’m calling this endpoint:
https://testnet.binance.vision/api/v3/order?symbol=LTCUSDT&side=BUY&type=MARKET&quoteOrderQty=10&timestamp=1601578162964&signature=9cd62dd9bf4be44ca87edd1f9ff9744604b30eeedd68ded19f83c0c059de4382

And I started to receive this response instead of successfull trade:
“{“code”:-2010,“msg”:“Filter failure: LOT_SIZE”}”

As I saw in the documentation:

MARKET orders using quoteOrderQty will not break LOT_SIZE filter rules; the order will execute a quantity that will have the notional value as close as possible to quoteOrderQty .

It worked 2 days before. I want to buy LTC for 10 USDT. I have checked and I have testing assets available, but suddenly I got this ‘LOT_SIZE’ error.
Please help.

thank you for the feedback. The testnet has different liquidity as the production site. When placing market order with quoteOrderQty parameter, it can fail because there is not open orders in the market to determine the real qty.

So have a try with quantity parameter, it should work.

I am running into the same issue:
“{“code”:-2010,“msg”:“Filter failure: LOT_SIZE”}” when trying to execute a MARKET order with quoteOrderQty on testnet.binance.vision

As you say, your testnet is not able to provide testable MARKET order executions… Do you have a Test system where developers are able to test these market orders in somewhat real conditions?

You can run against /api/v3/order/test which’d verify all your parameters but won’t get the order executed.
If you need to execute the order in testnet, please wait for a while and try again. LTCUSDT is working fine right now.

Thank you for your response.
Sadly I need the order response to proceed (like cummulativeQuoteQty, etc.).
Sorry, but if testnet is throwing errors randomly instead of behaving somewhat like the live servers, it is really difficult to use it for testing at all…

You can also have a try with BNBUSDT, at this moment, it’s the symbol with the most liquidity on Testnet. I’ve tested making a MARKET order with quoteOrderQty and could have a non zero cummulativeQuoteQty in the response.