error after hours : 10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None

Dear all
I’m using python-binance 0.7.4 and to poll every 60s all my portfolio assets using the get_account function which basically sends the request to Binance API which appears in my log file with the API response :
[DEBUG] - connectionpool.py (line: 452) - https://api.binance.com:443 “GET /api/v3/account?timestamp=1630493485845&signature=8ae86da227e306a7c1c979845315c5578bdf6f72dc345b37714c98 HTTP/1.1” 200 2109

In the same time I have also a multi websocket fetching real time prices

After few 4 to 8 hours I got the error message from the API and the connection is closed.

I’ve check the web but not found really explanations for that : It doesn"t sound like I’m reaching API rates limits as the message is usually explicite then.

Could it be an automatic disconnection and I need to periodically close and reopen my connections ?
Could it be a lost connection from my internet provider during few seconds ?
Could it be I’m considered as attacking their API doing periodic such requests ?

Any clue ?
Thanks & cheers
Stéphane

Could it be an automatic disconnection and I need to periodically close and reopen my connections ?

The websocket connection will definitely disconnect at the 24 hour mark. So reconnection will be required in this case.

Could it be a lost connection from my internet provider during few seconds ?

This is likely to cause a disconnect from the websocket.

Could it be I’m considered as attacking their API doing periodic such requests ?

You should always use websocket for live market data due to the time sensitivity and the high frequency of querying.

If you are trying to subscribe to multiple market streams, i suggest you combine it to a single stream to prevent abnormalities like you mentioned. You can combine streams by: /stream?streams=streamName1/streamName2/streamName3

Dear Chai,
Many thanks for answering.

There is actually something I don’t understand from the Binance docs. It says

A single connection to stream.binance.com is only valid for 24 hours; expect to be disconnected at the 24 hour mark

Hower my script works fine with live streams websocket without disconnection using the pyhon-binance lib. Possibly the lib takes care about the 24hr disconnection

But it sounds this is only the case for websockets, not for account end-points and the problem I currently have is not on websocket actually but on an account endpoint

And as far as I understand the python-binance lib takes care of connecting the host each time I do the request so that I do not understand why Binance closes the connections after having spent hours polling the account end-point every minute. I would love having the data in a stream but I think there are not available.

I did a test with a script only polling the account endpoint and was unable to reproduce the error so I assume this is linked to the fact I’m also connecting several websockets in parallel… but I don’t understand why yet…

Stephane

This is what I’m doing. I combine the streams

Here under are the extracts of the code starting the periodic get_account_data function (Binance get_account endpoint) and the multiplex stream. the variable stream_list contains the 250 crypto I’m collecting data
Clock is periodically syncronized to NTP and error is always < 1s

##### EXTRACT FROM MAIN
#############################################

# Create a Binance client and connect to API
    secret_file = "secret.cfg"
    trader = Trader(secret_file)

# Call periodic Binance get_account_data
    get_account_data(trader) # and then call periodic function (every 60s)

# Call periodic NTP resynchronization
    synchronize_ntp()

# Initialize the web socket manager
    logging.info('Initialize WebSocket Manager')
    bm = StartWebSocketManager(trader)

# get all Binance available crypto list from 24h ticker API
    logging.info('Get Binance 24h ticker')
    try:
        Binance_all_symbols_list = trader.client.get_all_tickers()
    except BinanceAPIException as e:
        logging.error(e)

Binance_all_symbols_list = sorted(Binance_all_symbols_list, key=fctSortDict, reverse=False)

# start the websocket for all cryptos which filter out only USDT cryptos from 'Binance_all_symbols_list'.
    # call 'process_symbol_message' callback function for processing received messages and fill-in 'crypto_data_stream'
    print('... Starting Symbols websocket ...')
    logging.info('Start symbols kline websockets')
    StartSymbolklineSocket(bm, trader, stream_list)
    print('Wait 10 s for having all the crypto messages responding\n')
    time.sleep(10) # wait a while to have all crypto responding
    print('done\n')

#### THE multiplex stream socket

def StartSymbolklineSocket(bm, trader, stream_list):
    conn_key = bm.start_multiplex_socket(stream_list, process_kline_symbol_message)

#### THE get_account_data periodic function

# Thread function wrapper
def periodic_task(interval, times = -1):
    def outer_wrap(function):
        def wrap(*args, **kwargs):
            stop = threading.Event()
            def inner_wrap():
                i = 0
                while i != times and not stop.isSet():
                    stop.wait(interval)
                    function(*args, **kwargs)
                    i += 1

t = threading.Timer(0, inner_wrap)
            t.daemon = True
            t.start()
            return stop
        return wrap
    return outer_wrap

# Periodic tasks
@periodic_task(60)
def get_account_data(trader):
    global account, binance_mutex
    if binance_mutex == False:
        logging.info('Get Binance Account Data')
        try:
            account = trader.client.get_account()
        except BinanceAPIException as e:
            logging.error(e)
            if e.status_code == 10054:
                account = trader.client.get_account()

After upgrading to the last python-binance version, my script still ends with the same error after an apparent random number of hours… the last one 2h only after the start.
The script has a multistream with 250 cryptos, a NTP reading every 10 minutes and this get_account endpoint every 1 minute.

After the error occurs, only the account enpoint seems involved in the 10054 error as the streams are still alive.

I’m stuck !

As a workaround I’m testing right now to catch the exception from the client connection routine and to restart the connection is error is occuring. We’ll see in few hour…