dust error code

I am calling the Dust Transfer api (Post /sapi/v1/asset/dust) and receiving error code -5004 “The residual balances of the ONE have exceeded 0.001BTC, Please re-choose.”

I am trying to convert my dust in ETH, ONE, BTC and ultimately USDT. All retrun the exact same error. All have in terms of USD amounts anywhere from 1 penny to 8 pennies so certainly no where near .001 BTC in value.

I am using the java binance api but against binance.us. I have tried the same call with curl, POSTMAN, and python binance but i get a completely different error of ‘invalid character in parameter’.

Anyway, i would prefer to get this working in my java code for other reasons, does anyone have any idea what -5004 is trying to tell me?

I’m also seeing this. Are we certain this feature is supported for binance.US?

The error msg has made it pretty clear - Your coin value is too big and you need to go to spot market to trade

Thank you for your response, and of course I realize what the message is implying.

But you can also see from my posting the message states anything less than .001 BTC should be convertable to BNB as dust. The dust that i own in ONE is 0.00000022 BTC which is no where even close to .001 BTC that the message implies.

Oh, and the amounts are too small for SPOT trading, that returns a LOT_SIZE error if you trade these ‘dust’ amounts.

So does anyone else have any helpful input on this?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, using PHP script. Same error regardless of coin.

{
        "asset": "ADA",
        "free": "0.06300000",
        "locked": "0.00000000"
    }

{"code":-5004,"msg":"The residual balances of the ADA have exceeded 0.001BTC, Please re-choose."}

I have this same problem. I am looking at less then 10 cents and cannot spot trade the currencies I am trying to dust.

I am having the exact same issues. When will this be fixed?

Hi. @m3ddl3r @gilbh May I know when did you face this issue and what parameters did you send? And if possible, can you also provide the price of the involved symbol? For example, you want to convert ADA, what is the price of ADABTC?

Thanks @ishuen. I am trying to transfer OMG, of which I have 0.07 coins (worth $0.27). Here is the response I receive just now trying to transfer:

ipdb> client_us.transfer_dust(asset='OMG')
*** binance.exceptions.BinanceAPIException: APIError(code=-5004): The residual balances of the OMG have exceeded 0.001BTC, Please re-choose.

Thanks.

Hi. I just notice the instance name or the class name is client_us. Does it mean your base url is https://api.binance.us instead of https://api.binance.com? I tested at the 2nd base url. It worked fine for me and at that time, I tried with 0.999 OMG.

Yes I believe most of us are having issue with api.binance.us, as it seems they just don’t support it on that side vs as you said it works fine for api.binance.com.

Like others on this post, my account is on Binance.us and not .com … these two are not connected as far as I know, and we need this to work on the .us version. Is there anyone from Binance on this Forum?

Problem still exists as of 7/28.