Docs for Transaction History csv files

I’m unable to find documentation for the Transaction History csv files, can anyone point me in the right direction?

2 Likes

Hi,

which “Transaction History csv” are you referring?

Downloaded following these instructions:

And the header line is:
User_ID,UTC_Time,Account,Operation,Coin,Change,Remark

do you have any difficulties with the report?

Yes. here are all of the Account,Operations present in the data I have:

$ cat b.com.data.csv | csvcut -K 2,3 | sort | uniq
Account,Operation
Coin-Futures,Referrer rebates
Coin-Futures,transfer_out
Pool,Pool Distribution
Spot,Buy
Spot,Commission History
Spot,Commission Rebate
Spot,Deposit
Spot,Distribution
Spot,ETH 2.0 Staking Rewards
Spot,Fee
Spot,Savings Interest
Spot,Savings Principal redemption
Spot,Savings purchase
Spot,Small assets exchange BNB
Spot,Transaction Related
Spot,transfer_in
Spot,transfer_out
Spot,Withdraw
USDT-Futures,Referrer rebates
USDT-Futures,transfer_in
USDT-Futures,transfer_out

I’m trying to process the data to convert it to csv files compatible with tax software, so I need to understand the definition of each of these operations and how they are related to each other.

Looking at the data and finding a few pieces of information on the internet I’ve learned a few things. For example if the operations [Spot.Buy, Spot,Transaction Related] that are found with the same timestamp then these are a “Trade”. The “Buy” being the coin being purchased, “Transaction Related” the coin being sold and “Fee” being coin that is used to pay fees for the transaction.

Anyway, I’d sure like more clarity on these operations from Binance.

These are different types of transactions, e.g.

Spot,Fee  => trading fee
Spot,Small assets exchange BNB  =>  assets that converted to BNB
Spot,transfer_in => funds move within Binance account.

I understand that, were is the documentation?

Here are a couple examples of documentation:

Is there such documentation for binance?

We have shared the concern to the team, hope it will be improved soon.

Txs

Binance - documentation on the csv download is really important as we upload files to tax packages.
I need to understand definitions for :

• Transaction Related << no idea what this data is
  • POS savings purchase
  • POS savings redemption < assume these are moves in and out of staking pools

and
Spot,Small assets exchange BNB << i get this, but how do I have a BNB asset line? Exchanging BNB for BNB?

example of “transaction related”

Did you take this sample CSV content from the “Generate all statements” report option on the Transaction History page? I find that this report is completely inadequate for calculating capital gains for Spot, Dual Investment, and P2P transactions.

Not sure how you got on with this, but I have noticed that this “Generate All Statements” CSV download (I assume that’s the one you mean) is full of errors for my most recent financial year ending 31 Mar 2023.

I had previously figured out how to interpret the same export for my year ending 31 Mar 2022 and was able to get the exported transactions to balance with my Binance Account Statement but I am having no such luck with this most recent download.

Without getting into too much detail here, issues include:

• it is omitting one side of some transfers
  • it is recording the wrong account e.g. CrossMargin instead of SPOT
  • in at least one case, it omitted an entire transfer i.e. neither side of the transfer appeared in the export

So I mention these things just in case you get some help interpreting the file but the records don’t make sense or tally up, in which case comment might provide an explanation