Convert API - python

Hi to all. I’m creating one simple bot for test purposes, where I would like to be able to convert between predefined cryptos. Like if am doing it manually.
I dont know what an doing wrong but i can not make it work. Funny part is that i have created one simple bot for trading and this works like a charm.
To be more exact, i am unable to convert between lets say, SOL and TRX because there is no pair ( the program is still working on trade logic ) but i can make convert between SOL and USDT because there is such pair available. So, i wont to avoid this trade and make simple convert, like if i would do it manualy. Is there some python example how to do this with binance convert API ?
Regards !

Hi, you want to create a simple bot that can convert between predefined cryptocurrencies using the Binance Convert API, rather than trading pairs directly available on the market?

First:

pip install requests

Then, here is a basic script to perform the conversion:

import requests
import json
import time
import hmac
import hashlib

# Your Binance API credentials
API_KEY = 'YOUR_API_KEY'
SECRET_KEY = 'YOUR_SECRET_KEY'

# Binance API endpoint for converting between cryptocurrencies
CONVERT_ENDPOINT = 'https://api.binance.com/sapi/v1/asset/convert'

# Function to create a signature
def create_signature(params, secret_key):
    query_string = '&'.join([f"{key}={params[key]}" for key in params])
    return hmac.new(secret_key.encode('utf-8'), query_string.encode('utf-8'), hashlib.sha256).hexdigest()

# Function to perform the conversion
def convert(from_asset, to_asset, amount):
    timestamp = int(time.time() * 1000)

params = {
        'fromAsset': from_asset,
        'toAsset': to_asset,
        'amount': amount,
        'timestamp': timestamp
    }

signature = create_signature(params, SECRET_KEY)
    headers = {
        'X-MBX-APIKEY': API_KEY
    }

params['signature'] = signature

response = requests.post(CONVERT_ENDPOINT, headers=headers, params=params)

if response.status_code == 200:
        return response.json()
    else:
        return response.text

# Example usage
if __name__ == "__main__":
    from_asset = 'SOL'
    to_asset = 'TRX'
    amount = 1  # Amount of SOL to convert

result = convert(from_asset, to_asset, amount)
    print(json.dumps(result, indent=4))

This script should help you perform conversions between predefined cryptocurrencies using the Binance Convert API.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, that’s exactly what i want to do. I filled the questionnaire and I got access to convert api but when I run it I get error:
Error getting quote: {‘code’: -1002, ‘msg’: ‘You are not authorized to execute this request.’}

According to your reply, it looks am using wrong approach. I will try your code and let you know in a day or two.

Best regards !

1 Like