Binance API Error Started Today at 5:15AM UTC

Started receiving this error today when calling candle stick data from Binance API. Are there any updates I should know of? Anyone having the same problem?

Error:

raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Have a try-except code block and print out the original message that was received. This just shows that the json library could not decode the message received, most likely it’s because the message received is not in json format.

What is the error you get via API? I noticed there was a problem with the url section and fixed it. I recommend you look at the outgoing url and its analysis.

Two things I would hav checked:

1. Are your API key and request within the rate limits, and is the key still valid?

2. If the API endpoint and parameters you’re using are correctly specified? Mistakes here could result in an invalid response.

I may suggest the below:

1. Before decoding the JSON, print the raw response to see what you are actually receiving. If it’s empty or not JSON, the decode step will fail.

response = requests.get(“your_binance_api_url”)
print(response.text) # Check what the actual response is
response_json = response.json() # This is where it seems to fail

1. Implement error handling around your request to catch and understand what might be going wrong.

import requests
from json.decoder import JSONDecodeError

try:
response = requests.get(“your_binance_api_url”)
data = response.json()
except JSONDecodeError as e:
print(“JSON Decode Error:”, e)
print(“Response received:”, response.text)
except Exception as e:
print(“An error occurred:”, e)

1. Ensure your requests library and any other dependencies are up to date:

pip install requests --upgrade

To get better understanding, you may try:

1. Log both your request and the response. This can help in diagnosing repeated issues or changes in the API behavior.

2. Consider adding logic to handle rate limiting issues better, perhaps by implementing a retry mechanism or by pacing your requests.