API call on Borrow - Get Loan Ongoing Orders returning zero

Hi! When I try to see my ongoing loan orders via the Python API call

varResponse = api.loan_collateral_data(collateralCoin=strSymbolp1)

I am getting

{‘total’: 0, ‘rows’: }

as response. Why is that? I can see my loans in the BN portal, and also have enabled

Enable Margin Loan, Repay & Transfer

in the API config page of the portal.

It appears that the API call only returns Stable Rate loans but not the Flex Rate ones that I have. This seems to count for all of the Loan endpoints, btw.

1 Like

also perfect

Were you able to obtain your flexible loans at all? I’ve chat to customer service and looks like I encountered the same issue. The issue was raised as a result.

1 Like

It seems that the API call only provides information about Stable Rate loans and not Flex Rate loans, which is the type I currently have. This observation applies to all of the Loan endpoints, by the way.

Yep, I experience the same behaviour. Doesn’t appear to be any support for flex rate loans. Did you have any luck with contacting Binance support?

Sorry which endpoint is called by the method api.loan_collateral_data(collateralCoin=strSymbolp1)

It appears that when you make the Python API call to retrieve your ongoing loan orders using the variable varResponse = api.loan_collateral_data(collateralCoin=strSymbolp1), you are receiving a response of {‘total’: 0, ‘rows’: }. This response indicates that there are no loan orders currently associated with the specified collateral coin.

There could be several reasons why you are not seeing any loan orders in the response:

1. No active loans: It’s possible that you currently don’t have any active loan orders for the specified collateral coin. Double-check your account to ensure that you have active loans.
  2. Incorrect collateral coin symbol:) Make sure that the strSymbolp1 variable :slight_smile: contains the correct symbol of the collateral coin for which you want to retrieve the loan orders. Verify that the symbol is accurate and matches the symbol used in your account.
  3. Authorization and permissions :slight_smile: Ensure that the API key you are using has the necessary permissions to access loan order data. Check your API configuration page in the BN portal and confirm that you have enabled the appropriate permissions for “Enable Margin Loan, Repay & Transfer”.

If you have confirmed that you have active loans and have checked the above points, but you still don’t see :slight_smile: any loan orders in the response, it may be worth reaching out to the support team of the BN portal or the API provider for further assistance. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the :slight_smile: issue and provide more specific guidance based on your account settings and API usage.

It seems like you’re encountering an issue with an API call related to borrowing and getting loan ongoing orders. When the API returns zero results, there could be various reasons for this. Here are some common troubleshooting steps to address this issue:

1. Check API Endpoint and Parameters:
  • Ensure that you are using the correct API endpoint and parameters for the “Borrow - Get Loan Ongoing Orders” request. Double-check the API documentation for any required or optional parameters.
  1. Authentication:
  • Make sure that you are properly authenticated and authorized to access this API. Check your API key or credentials to ensure they are valid.
  1. Rate Limiting:
  • Some APIs have rate limits to prevent abuse. Check if you’ve exceeded the rate limit for this specific endpoint. If so, you may need to wait before making additional requests.
  1. Data Availability:
  • Confirm that there are actually ongoing loan orders for borrowing at the moment. It’s possible that there were no matching orders available when you made the API call.
  1. Error Handling:
  • Check for error responses from the API. The response might contain error codes or messages that can help you diagnose the issue.
  1. Logging and Debugging:
  • Implement logging and debugging in your code to track the API request and response. This can help you identify any issues with your API call.
  1. API Version Compatibility:
  • Ensure that you are using the correct version of the API, and that your code is compatible with that version.
  1. Network and Connectivity:
  • Verify that your network connection is stable and that there are no issues with connectivity that might prevent the API call from reaching the server.
  1. Support and Documentation:
  • If you’ve tried all the above steps and the issue persists, consider reaching out to the API provider’s support for assistance. They may have specific insights into the problem.
  1. Testing Environments:
  • If possible, use a testing or sandbox environment provided by the API to test your requests. This can help isolate issues before using the production environment.