"All filters are optional" -

It’s right here under exchange-information: //https://github.com/binance/binance-spot-api-docs/blob/master/web-socket-api.md

What does that mean?
I just got an error: {“code”:-1013,“msg”:“Filter failure: LOT_SIZE”} on an attempted trade in the testnet.

So are filters optional or is this just a message from the testnet to kind of follow the filter ‘guidelines’?

this endpoint does provide the information about what the conditions to place an order under each symbol.

For this LOT_SIZE filter, the order qty in the request didn’t meet the requirement.

So it’s a requirement, not optional. Then why does it state that it’s optional in the docs? It should be removed.

“Filters are optional” is that not all filters apply to all order types, as mentioned by another user.

For example:

The PRICE_FILTER defines the price rules for a symbol

Not all order types require the parameter price. (I.e. MARKET orders), so in this scenario PRICE_FILTER does not apply to that case.

The TRAILING_DELTA filter defines the minimum and maximum value for the parameter trailingDelta.

Meaning this would only apply to orders that use the trailingDelta parameter, also known as Trailing Stop Orders.

In addition, there is a possibility not all filters in the documentation will be configured to all symbols. The documentation just lists all possible filters that can be configured, so if the users sees this as an error they can look it up and understand what they need to do in order to pass it.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

1 Like

Because it is indeed optional. It’s not necessary while closing positions in certain scenarios. Read the entire docs.

What does that mean?

Ok. Where? It’s not under filters.md.