HTTP 403 from cloudfare when attempting to ping

When I use the postman application I can make the call to http://testnet.binance.vision/api/v1/ping and receive an HTTP 200 response code.

When I replicate the request message in IBM ACE I’m receiving an HTTP 403 from Cloudflare.

As far as I can see both the HTTP Headers and Body are identical.

I’ve confirmed after receiving the 403 that I still get a 200 from postman so I know that my IP Address isn’t blocked.

Any ideas as to what I’m missing in the request ?

IBM ACE most likely uses a pool of IPS to send requests to the server. Therefore you are sharing your weight usage with other IBM ACE users sending requests to the server.

I’m doing this from home on my personal machine, there’s no other IBM ACE environment running on this network.

Is there a way to specify the weight of the message just incase ?

If IBM ACE is running locally and you are sure there are no other services using the same IP, I suggest having a look at this thread regarding the 403 error.

Hi - have spoken with support and we’ve gone through a few things and still no luck.

I’ve confirmed that the IP Address from IBM ACE is the same IP Address as postman is using and even though ACE recieves the 403, Postman still gets a 200 afterwards.

Is is possible for someone to have a look at the logs on testnet/cloudflare and see exactly why the 403 is being returned ?

Could you please send the response body returned when a 403 is hit?

ERROR: The request could not be satisfied

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Bad request. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: L4sX4wZYyxshbMQnkF7y9gLkqX-_5AbEcqb2ygJkBlQ5HsiD5fNDYg==

I understand that it states the message might be malformed, but all I have in the ping are the headers that are also populated by postman.

I’ve used the same config to call another generic service (not Binance) and that returns an HTTP 200. There’s obviously something happening that Binance / Cloudflare doesn’t like - I just don’t know that that “something” is.

Happy to put something in one of the HTTP header fields to make it easy to find in the logs if that helps.

Draw a comparison from a request sent via IBM ACE and postman (or a normal CURL request) to identify key differences.